Lost or stolen Card? Please call 972-875-9676 or
after regular banking hours call 1-800-264-4274.
To help avoid inconvenience, you can take the following basic precautions:
When you get your card
Sign the signature panel immediately
If you have been given a PIN (personal identification number) to use at a cash machine or in shops, memorize it — never write it down
If you choose your own PIN, or change the one you were given, avoid obvious choices such as your date of birth or telephone number.
Do not tell anyone your PIN
- Keep your sales and cash machine receipts and check them against your card or bank statement.
- If any amount is incorrect or you spot a transaction you did not make, call ESB at 972-875-9676 immediately.
- Keep a list of your card numbers, along with the telephone numbers you should call if they are lost or stolen.
In the shops
- Check the sales slip to ensure the amount is correct and the total has been filled in before you sign.
- Make sure the retailer gives the card back to you, along with your copy of the voucher.
- Keep your card close to you — beware of pickpockets.
- Do not leave your card in your car's glove compartment.
Telephone and mail order shopping
- When you place an order over the telephone or by mail, give your card number only if you are confident about the company's reputation.
- You might be asked for your Visa card security code — the three digits at the end of the card number printed on the signature panel. Give the seller that code but never give your PIN.