The Planters and Merchants State Bank was chartered under the new name of Ennis State Bank on April 18, 1933 at their initial location of 110 W. Ennis Avenue, Ennis, TX. The Bank provided leadership and services to the community with business, agricultural and consumer loans.

black and white bank photo
black and white photo of original drive thru

In March of 1953 the Bank relocated to 113 N. Dallas Street in Ennis and opened the first drive-in banking window in Ellis County. This was quite a draw for the local residents and secured the bank’s place as a leader in the community. Ennis State Bank remained at this location until 1983, when the 815 W. Ennis Avenue building was constructed to accommodate the successful bank’s need for a larger location.

In 1993, Bramlet Beard was named President and CEO of Ennis State Bank. Mr. Beard brought many years of lending experience and knowledge to the bank. The bank continued to grow with many changes and improvements to our facilities and services. In 1996, we decided to expand our services and opened ESB Mortgage Company, to help service the mortgage needs of Ellis County and beyond.

Dallas branch building

In 2012, we opened our first branch location, Trinity Capital Bank of Texas at 1301 N. Riverfront Blvd. in Dallas, bringing our personal and honest form of banking to the big city. Under the leadership of our CEO and Board of Directors, Ennis State Bank continues to grow and serve the needs of our communities.

In 2016, we opened our second branch, Trinity Capital Bank of Texas in Sunnyvale, at 370 E. Tripp Rd. At each location, we remain competitive with larger banks, while still taking pride in our commitment to offering relationship banking with a personalized touch.

Trinity capital Bank building

With our successful past in mind, we pledge to bring you the best in banking. We will strive for excellence in our products and deliver the best in customer service. Come visit us at any of our locations to see what has kept our customers coming back for over 80 years!